Gout is one of the most chronic conditions that a person may experience. There are millions of people around the world who experience this condition. This condition is not an easy condition to deal with. In this article, you will get to know about the most common gout triggers. Read on to this article if you want to know about it.
What are the common gout triggers?
When you are suffering from gout, you need to remember the list of the potential triggers of gout. You must know that gout may trigger the heart, trigger foods, as well as some other gout triggers.
When we are talking about the foods that may trigger gout flare-ups, you must avoid various foods rich in purines. These foods may raise the uric acid levels in the blood. Even though it is entirely impossible to avoid all the purines in the diet, you should be knowledgeable about what foods will trigger the gout attacks and you should try to avoid them all.
You should be avoiding the following foods if you want to avoid the having gout triggers:
- Avoid gravy and rich sauces that are high in fat, and added on meats that may double the risk of you experiencing gout flare-ups.
- Avoid eating fried foods, which has been fried in oil and stay away from various pre-packaged foods, which you need to just warm up. However, it has been fried in advance.
- Avoid guzzling. Know that eating rich and heavy meals that may contain tons of purines and fat. A lot of people complain about suffering from gout attacks.
- You should always the read the nutrition labels and don’t consume any foods with this horrifying ingredient, which may wreak havoc to the health and may cause gout attacks. Eat sugar, yet make certain that you count on how many grams that you eat every day. I suggest that you eat greater than 25 grams per day. You should avoid sugary drinks covering fructose, like in coke and some other soft drinks.
- Alcoholic beverages. You may know that this is a bad news for those who are suffering from gout. Excessive consumption of alcohol may cause a lot of bad effects on the body.
- Meat, in general, shouldn’t be over-consumed. It is recommendable that you consume about 4-6oz. every day. Eat red meat in no more than twice every week. Lean chicken is way better, but remember that protein is protein. And as sufferers from gout, you should be limited on that. You should avoid pork entirely.
- You should avoid the consumption of seafood like shellfish, crab, lobster, and shrimp. This may be very appealing to the eye, yet it will cause you to get in trouble. You should avoid it.
- Organ meats. Various organ meats like cow tongue, liver, heart, eyeballs, kidneys, etc. may cause gout flare-ups.
Common Gout Triggers: What else can trigger it?
When talking about medications, you should watch your intake as well. The wrong medication will also cause a wrong effect on the body, and in health, in general. Furthermore, there are also some drugs that you may take to treat heart disease or high blood pressure that may cause gout flare-ups. In addition, you should avoid diuretics, beta-blockers, cyclosporine, levodopa, as well as aspirin. You should also always listen to what your doctor has advised you to do. All the medications that he/she prescribed must be taken in right way and time.
Moreover, various medical stress like pneumonia, surgery, hospital visits, as well as other conditions may cause gout attacks. Not just that, an injury like twisting the ankle or stubbing the toe may also trigger a gout attack in some cases. The uric acid tends to form in the injured joints more readily. Various episodes of stress may also cause episodes of a gout attack. You should be wary when you are exercising, since excessive strenuous exercise may trigger a gout attack.
As a conclusion, everybody has his or her own individual distinctions. Some of those who suffer from gout may experience gout attacks because of certain foods. Unluckily, there is no test yet that may let got sufferers to know what really triggers the levels of uric acid to rise. However, most gout sufferers are able to determine the main source of the condition for the very first time that they encounter its attack.