For those who are looking for new and exciting natural treatments for various conditions, the Boswellia Serrata can be a great choice. In the recent years, the plant has already become very popular. In this article, you will get to know the effectiveness of Boswellia Serrata for gout, as well as for the health in general. However, before you go and add this herbal remedy to your regimen, it is important to understand it thoroughly. Read this article and you will get the necessary information that you need about this plant.
Boswellia Serrata for Gout: The Plant
Table of Contents
Scientifically, Boswellia Serrata is called Boswellia serrata. It is not just the name of the herb. It is also the name that the large tree that’s native to various parts of Pakistan and India has. Furthermore, this particular tree is popular for its capacity for producing Indian frankincense.
In the actual fact, the entire genus of Boswellia is what they call the frankincense. However, the resin that it produces is what most people love about it. In the event that this gum resin is being removed from the tree, it is frequently burned for its aromatic purposes or used in various medical applications. Moreover, the Boswellia Serrata is mythical in the Ayurvedic medicine, because it is associated with powerful anti-inflammatory properties and a huge variety of some other health benefits.
For a more formal application of the plant, the resin that comes from the tree is also allowed to harden and is then processed into numerous soaps, cosmetics, beverages, and supplements. All of these have the efficiency in delivering various notable benefits for those who use it regularly. Furthermore, Boswellia Serrata is also oozing with boswellic acid and numerous types of terpenes that have amazing effects on the body.
Boswellia Serrata for Gout: Its Effectiveness
The Boswellia Serrata is most beneficial to those who suffer from arthritis like gout or osteoarthritis. It is a natural painkiller as it contains an active ingredient like boswellic acid, which is a very powerful that may prevent inflammatory white cells from getting any damage. Furthermore, they also increase the supply of blood in the inflamed joints, thus helping repair any damages caused by gout attack or inflammation. not just that, it also helps in stimulating the cartilage growth.
Some of those who suffer from gout conducted an experiment and stated that during the occurrence of a gout attack, a potential herbal remedy may include the extract of Boswellia Serrata, yucca, curcumin, and devil’s claw. This is instead of taking drugs like colchicine. Even though it is not that effective as colchicine, it is a good natural cure. Most especially if you do not want any chemicals and want natural treatments only.
Boswellia Serrata: Other Benefits
Aside from it, being beneficial in treating gout, here are some other benefits of Boswellia Serrata:
- Has analgesic abilities: the capacity of the Boswellia Serrata to get rid of the pain is closely related to the amazing anti-inflammatory properties that it has. It also affects the triggering of pain receptors in the muscles and joints.
- Hormone balance: the plant is beneficial in rebalancing the hormones all throughout the body. This may help in improving the mood and the stress levels.
- Good for digestion: the Boswellia Serrata can be in connection to the reduction of the gut inflammation. By getting rid of the inflammation, indigestion will vanish, thus making the digestion much better.
- Relieves stress: the use of this herb may help in reducing anxiety and may lower the levels of chronic stress hormones in the body.
- Prevents headaches: research shows that this herb is beneficial in consistently and quickly soothing the pain that headaches causes.
- Prevents cancer: Boswellia Serrata has a great impact on cancer in the body. Not like any other anti-cancer compounds, this doesn’t cause any apoptosis. However, it prohibits the spread and proliferation of cancerous cells in the body.
Boswellia Serrata for Gout: Conclusion
Before you consume Boswellia Serrata, you should consult your doctor first. You should make sure that it will not cause any interaction with the prescription medications that you are taking. You should also be well aware of the proper consumption of this plant/herb. Always remember that the excessive consumption of everything is bad for the health. The same goes for the Boswellia Serrata, excessive consumption of it may cause you harm.